Count Down to the Grand Canyon R2R2R (and just a little freaked out)
Hard to believe that it's down to five days until I run the Grand Canyon Rim2Rim2Rim.
I'm usually pretty cool and in control about stuff like this. I tend to think of this stuff in terms of tasks and
goals and break it down as completed and accomplished, but I have never really done anything that rates as "stuff" like this before.
So for the past two weeks I have been a little on edge (okay, my wife would not use the word "little").
Let's review just a few of my better moments of the last few weeks:
- I have gone to every backpacker and running store in three counties (just to see if I needed anything).
- I stayed up all night thinking about whether I should wear a jacket or arm warmers for the start of the run.
- I have checked the weather forecast everyday (okay, more than once a day) for several weeks.
- Oh, I yelled at the Garmin tech guy last week when my watch quit working (again) and I had to ship it to them (again) and he wanted to put a $300 hold on my credit card to send me a replacement (again) - I may not be over that one yet.
- Then, this weekend, I freaked out on my wife about a cheap computer desk she wanted to get rid of (she started thinking that I might have stock in Wal-Mart I had not told her about)...
|Beacon is not freaking out, he is still in planning mode.|
I have finally started to relax and go into pre race mode.
I actually like this part of training and once I get over the whole phantom aches and pains of tapering I will be set.
There really is nothing left to do other than pack. Oh crap, I still have to pack!
Want to run a 5K? Get your Summer started the right way by joining the next Couch to 5K group!
Register today for the class starting May 5th!